Welcome to Summer!
Make sure that you keep working toward your goals during the summer. It will be very easy with the beautiful weather, festivals and vacations, to lose focus on your training. Don’t get me wrong, enjoy the summer activities, but don’t forget how hard you worked to get where you are. Keep up your training!
See you at the gym!
This week at MKG Madison . . .
• In Foundations Class and Kickboxing Essentials we are in week 5. This we are starting on our Sinawali training and short range tools – Knees and Elbows! You have been doing great keep it up!
• The MKG Kids are in the second week of Unit 2! This week we are inviting parents to join us to the first potion of class! We will be working on Redondo and adding footwork to our training! This week are also grappling with a focus on falling and standing safely. This also continues our emphasis on Control!
• MKG Littles – This week we will also be continuing to work on breakfalls.
• Our Phase 1 Class will be working on Single Stick Deflections – Tip to the forehands side and we will also working our Trapping skills from the Jun Fan / JKD Curriculum
• In Phase 2 we have been working on Dagger drills and starting our Grappling unit.
• And for our Focus classes, you will just have to come in to find out!
Winners of the 4 Punch Combo Quick Hit Challenge!
Congratulations to . . . .
Dija Manly with 57 combos in 1 min for the Adult group!
Jonathan Beatty with 44 combos with the kids group!
Stop by the front desk to pick your prize!
Our next Quick Hit Challenge is Redondos!
How many Redondos can you do in 1 min?
This is a single stick challenge. Grab a padded stick and go for it on the heavy bags!
Remember you can retry as many times as you want!
Upcoming Events . . .
Martial Arts in the Park
Sunday, June 11th 11 am – 12:30 pm
As long as the weather cooperates we will be meeting at Ahuska Park on Broadway Dr. in Monona. This is Adult meet up but there are play structure for kids at the part also.
If the weather doesn’t cooperate (rain or storms) we will not be meeting. Please check the MKG Madison Adult Facebook Group.
Foundations of Leverage seminar with John Salter
Saturday, June 17th 12:30 – 2:30 pm
Come learn some fundamental points to add this efficient concept to your skill set. During this event we’ll examine how to your structure to its full advantage.
Madison Martial Arts Connection at Silver Lining Taekwondo in Middleton
Saturday, Jun 24th 1 – 5 pm
I am excited to be a part of this great event! There will be 4 different instructors sharing their perspective on martial art every hour. This is unique opportunity to grow together as a martial art community regardless of style that we practice and really get to see the beauty of martial art movement!
Cost – $40
MKG International Summer Camp at MKG HQ in Minneapolis
August 11 – 13th
People travel from across the globe just to be here for this weekend. Join us for the best training experience out there, free food, and to be a part of the MKG family!
For those who are newer to the MKG family:
Summer camp could be compared to secret ninja training camp meets family reunion. 3 full days of full spectrum training in the martial arts, combined with people who have trained together and known each other for decades re-uniting.
Then, cap it all off with a BBQ party on Saturday night? Awesome.
6 week Introductory Membership Offers
If you haven’t heard we have a great offer for people try martial arts at MKG Madison at a great price.
New students (and previous students that have not train with us for over 6 month) have an opportunity to start a journey in martial arts for only $69.99! This offer includes a Free T-shirt, a Free Introductory lesson and Consultation and 3 classes a week for 6 weeks!
If anyone is looking to get into (or back into) martial arts dont miss this offer!
Refer – A – Friend . . .
If you have any friends that would like to check out MKG Madison stop by the desk for an Invite-Only Card for a 1 Week Free Pass.
This can only be given by a current student to a friend that is serious about beginning their martial arts journey! If they decide to join us and enroll for classes at MKG Madison you get FREE private lessons!
We look forward to seeing you all in classes this week! So get in here and get your reps in! As always, we will be Training Safe, Training Hard and Having a ton of Fun! Don’t miss out!
See you at the gym!
Josh, Ruth and the MKG Staff
MKG International Martial Arts Madison