Have a Great Week and Go kick a Flamingo! ( Not Really. . . )
This week at MKG Madison . . .
• In Foundations Class and Kickboxing Essentials – New Session Starts Today! Basic Double Stick Kob Kob Drills and Boxing Fundamentals.
• The MKG Kids were rocking last week. They picked up on the wedge cycle drill very fast. That is something that I have never taught a kids class before and they smashed it. We are in the 4 week of Unit 2 and we will be working on addition footwork for our Redondo Drills and Kicking From the Ground!
• MKG Littles – We had a small but very fun group last week and we welcome 2 new students Eli and Connor. So if you see them next week make sure to say Hello and welcome them. This week we will be working Standing Safely!
• Our Phase 1 Class will be working on Double Stick Kob Kob Drills and Muay Thai Kick Cover and Knee Reaction Drills
• In Phase 2 we have been working on Double Stick Prefix Drills and Advanced Muay Thai Feeding Techniques to make your training more alive.
• And for our Focus classes, you will just have to come in to find out!
Our next Quick Hit Challenge is Redondos!
How many Redondos can you do in 1 min?
This is a single stick challenge. Grab a padded stick and go for it on the heavy bags!
Remember you can retry as many times as you want!
Events . . .
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the Foundations of Leverage seminar with John Salter. I was a small group (Due to Father’s Day weekend) but we learned a lot and had a great time. Thank you, John. You are welcome back anytime, brother!
THIS Saturday, Jun 24th 1 – 5 pm
Madison Martial Arts Connection at Silver Lining Taekwondo in Middleton
I am excited to be a part of this great event! There will be 4 different instructors sharing their perspective on martial art every hour. This is unique opportunity to grow together as a martial art community regardless of style that we practice and really get to see the beauty of martial art movement!
Cost – $40
Tuesday, July 4th MKG Madison will be closed in observance of Independence Day.
MKG International Summer Camp at MKG HQ in Minneapolis
August 11 – 13th
People travel from across the globe just to be here for this weekend. Join us for the best training experience out there, free food, and to be a part of the MKG family!
For those who are newer to the MKG family:
Summer camp could be compared to secret ninja training camp meets family reunion. 3 full days of full spectrum training in the martial arts, combined with people who have trained together and known each other for decades re-uniting.
Then, cap it all off with a BBQ party on Saturday night? Awesome.
If you haven’t heard we have a great offer for people try martial arts at MKG Madison at a great price.
New students (and previous students that have not train with us for over 6 month) have an opportunity to start a journey in martial arts for only $69.99! This offer includes a Free T-shirt, a Free Introductory lesson and Consultation and 3 classes a week for 6 weeks!
If anyone is looking to get into (or back into) martial arts dont miss this offer!
If you have any friends that would like to check out MKG Madison stop by the desk for an Invite-Only Card for a 1 Week Free Pass.
This can only be given by a current student to a friend that is serious about beginning their martial arts journey! If they decide to join us and enroll for classes at MKG Madison you get FREE private lessons!
We look forward to seeing you all in classes this week! So get in here and get your reps in! As always, we will be Training Safe, Training Hard and Having a ton of Fun! Don’t miss out!
See you at the gym!
Josh, Ruth and the MKG Staff
MKG International Martial Arts Madison