Perseverance – “Never Give Up!”
This week at MKG Madison . . .
- In Foundations Class and Kickboxing Essentials – Monday will start our 3rd week of this session. So, that means we are working on Double Stick Abecedario Drills and Thai Boxing Long 4 Counts!
- The MKG Kids class is growing! If you notice any new kids (or parents) make sure you welcome them! This week we will be continuing to work on Sinawali Drills and our ground skills. They will be working on take downs from the seated position.
- MKG Littles – We have a great group youngers, full energy and excited to learn! We look forward to Saturday morning! This week we will be working on defending strikes.
- Our Phase 1 Class will be working on Single Stick Inside deflections and disarms. Then, we will be starting a focus mitts session on 3 of the 5 ways of attack from JKD.
- In Phase 2 we have been working on Single Stick Break In / Break Out Drills and Tackle Defenses on the Focus mitts.
- And for our Focus classes, you will just have to come in to find out!
This month’s Quick Hit Champions are:
Kyle Coker with 135 Redondos in 1 min.
Harper Boulineau with 91 Redondos in 1 min.
Congratulations! Come up to the front desk claim you prize!
Our New Quick Hit Challenge for July is . . .
1 kick sprint = 3 kicks in a row with the same leg.
In the this challenge you must use a partner with Thai Pads (or focus mitts for kids) .
How many can you do in 1 min?
Remember you can retry as many times as you want to improve your score!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the Foundations of Leverage seminar with John Salter. I was a small group (Due to Father’s Day weekend) but we learned a lot and had a great time. Thank you, John. You are welcome back anytime, brother!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Madison Martial Arts Connection at Silver Lining Taekwondo in Middleton.
It was a great event. We all learned a ton and had fun sharing and experience the martial arts. Look for other events that build community in the Madison Martial Arts scene. It was a great first step.
Thank to everyone who joined us at Ahuska Park for our Sunday Fun Day Training.
Keep an eye out for the next one!
Tuesday, July 4th MKG Madison will be closed in observance of Independence Day.
Save The Date!
Saturday, July 22nd
Guro Jamie Sparling at MKG Madison
Jamie Sparling of Affinity Martial Arts and Wellness of Wausau will be joining us to share his unique experience and perspective on martial art.
Jamie is a good friend and a MKG Family member. We honored to have him back at MKG Madison.
More Information to Come!
MKG International Summer Camp at MKG HQ in Minneapolis
August 11 – 13th
People travel from across the globe just to be here for this weekend. Join us for the best training experience out there, free food, and to be a part of the MKG family!
For those who are newer to the MKG family:
Summer camp could be compared to secret ninja training camp meets family reunion. 3 full days of full spectrum training in the martial arts, combined with people who have trained together and known each other for decades re-uniting.
Then, cap it all off with a BBQ party on Saturday night? Awesome.
If you haven’t heard we have a great offer for people try martial arts at MKG Madison at a great price.
New students (and previous students that have not train with us for over 6 month) have an opportunity to start a journey in martial arts for only $69.99! This offer includes a Free T-shirt, a Free Introductory lesson and Consultation and 3 classes a week for 6 weeks!
If anyone is looking to get into (or back into) martial arts dont miss this offer!
If you have any friends that would like to check out MKG Madison stop by the desk for an Invite-Only Card for a 1 Week Free Pass.
This can only be given by a current student to a friend that is serious about beginning their martial arts journey! If they decide to join us and enroll for classes at MKG Madison you get FREE private lessons!
We look forward to seeing you all in classes this week! So get in here and get your reps in! As always, we will be Training Safe, Training Hard and Having a ton of Fun! Don’t miss out!
See you at the gym!
Josh, Ruth and the MKG Staff
MKG International Martial Arts Madison