“Guro then asked the students..” Little Dragons, what is the best kind of discipline?”
The students quickly responded “Self-Discipline,Sir!” “
Here is a great article, written by this months guest instructor, Jamie Sparling, on the topic of Discipline .
It is worth a read.
This week at MKG Madison . . .
• In Foundations Class and Kickboxing Essentials – Monday will start our 5th week of this session. We will be starting to work on Sinawali Drills and Thai Boxing Short 4 Counts (Knees and Elbows)!
• The MKG Kids class did great this past week! We will be finishing up work on Sinawali Drills and adding our last element of grappling to this blocks curriculum with knee on belly position and mount with mount escape!
• MKG Littles – We have a great group youngsters, full energy and excited to learn! We look forward to Saturday morning! This week we will be working on defending strikes.
• Our Phase 1 Class will be continuing work on Double Stick Sinawali Drills and then on to the 18 count Long Thai Boxing Combination.
• In Phase 2 we have been working on Stick and Dagger Drills and Pummeling Basics and continuing with tackle defense.
• And for our Focus classes, you will just have to come in to find out!
Our New Quick Hit Challenge for July is . . .Kick Sprints!
1 kick sprint = 3 kicks in a row with the same leg.
In the this challenge you must use a partner with Thai Pads (or focus mitts for kids)
How many can you do in 1 min?
Remember you can retry as many times as you want to improve your score!
Up Coming Testing Dates
MKG Phase 1 – Friday, July 28th (Sign up on the white board)
MKG Kids – Wednesday, August 23rd at 4:45 pm
MKG Littles – Saturday, August 26th at 9:30 am
If you are unsure if you are ready or eligible to test at this time please contact your instructor before or after class.
Guro Jamie Sparling
Of Affinity Martial Arts and Wellness of Wausau
Saturday, July 22nd 12:30 – 2:30 pm
MKG International Summer Camp at MKG HQ in Minneapolis
August 11 – 13th
People travel from across the globe just to be here for this weekend.
Join us for the best training experience out there, free food, and to be a part of the MKG family!
For those who are newer to the MKG family:
Summer camp could be compared to secret ninja training camp meets family reunion. 3 full days of full spectrum training in the martial arts, combined with people who have trained together and known each other for decades re-uniting.
Then, cap it all off with a BBQ party on Saturday night? Awesome.
Guro Inosanto at MKG Minneapolis
September 23 – September 24
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience the greatest martial artist of our time!
Check out what others have to say about Guro Inosanto!
If you haven’t heard we have a great offer for people try martial arts at MKG Madison at a great price.
New students (and previous students that have not train with us for over 6 month) have an opportunity to start a journey in martial arts for only $69.99! This offer includes a Free T-shirt, a Free Introductory lesson and Consultation and 3 classes a week for 6 weeks!
If anyone is looking to get into (or back into) martial arts dont miss this offer!
If you have any friends that would like to check out MKG Madison stop by the desk for an Invite-Only Card for a 1 Week Free Pass.
This can only be given by a current student to a friend that is serious about beginning their martial arts journey! If they decide to join us and enroll for classes at MKG Madison you get FREE private lessons!
We look forward to seeing you all in classes this week! So get in here and get your reps in!
As always, we will be Training Safe, Training Hard and Having a ton of Fun! Don’t miss out!
See you at the gym!
Josh, Ruth and the MKG Staff
MKG International Martial Arts Madison