Confidence is something that you create
within yourself by believing in who you are!
First Of All Congratulations to Tony, Lisa Wise on the addition to their family. Savannah (onr of our MKG Kids) happy to introduce Piper Michael Wise to the world. We are happy to have her as a part of the extended MKG Family.
Piper was born July 6th. She weighed 6 lbs and 13 oz and was 19.5 inches long!
Mommy and baby are doing great!
This week at MKG Madison . . .
• In Foundations Class and Kickboxing Essentials – Monday will start our 4th week of this session. We will be continuing with our working on Double Stick Abecedario Drills and Thai Boxing Long 4 Counts!
• The MKG Kids class did great this past week! We will be continuing to work on Sinawali Drills and a Kickboxing week so don’t forget your boxing gloves!
• MKG Littles – We have a great group youngsters, full energy and excited to learn! We look forward to Saturday morning! This week we will be working on defending strikes.
• Our Phase 1 Class will be continuing work on Single Stick Inside deflections and disarms. Then, finish up our focus mitts session on 3 of the 5 ways of attack from JKD.
• In Phase 2 we have been working on Single Stick Break In / Break Out Drills and range awareness and expanding on our Tackle Defenses on the Focus mitts.
• And for our Focus classes, you will just have to come in to find out!
Our New Quick Hit Challenge for July is . . .Kick Sprints!
1 kick sprint = 3 kicks in a row with the same leg.
In the this challenge you must use a partner with Thai Pads (or focus mitts for kids)
How many can you do in 1 min?
Remember you can retry as many times as you want to improve your score!
Up Coming Testing Dates
MKG Phase 1 – Friday, July 28th (Sign up on the white board)
MKG Kids – Wednesday, August 23rd at 4:45 pm
MKG Littles – Saturday, August 26th at 9:30 am
Sunday Fun Day Training
At Ahuska Park in Monona
Sunday, July 16th – 11 am – 12:30 pm
See you there !
Guro Jamie Sparling
Of Affinity Martial Arts and Wellness of Wausau
Saturday, July 22nd 12:30 – 2:30 pm
MKG International Summer Camp at MKG HQ in Minneapolis
August 11 – 13th
People travel from across the globe just to be here for this weekend.
Join us for the best training experience out there, free food, and to be a part of the MKG family!
mkg international spot from MKG International on Vimeo.
For those who are newer to the MKG family:
Summer camp could be compared to secret ninja training camp meets family reunion. 3 full days of full spectrum training in the martial arts, combined with people who have trained together and known each other for decades re-uniting.
Then, cap it all off with a BBQ party on Saturday night? Awesome.
Guro Inosanto at MKG Minneapolis
September 23 – September 24
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience the greatest martial artist of our time!
Check out what others have to say about Guro Inosanto!
If you haven’t heard we have a great offer for people try martial arts at MKG Madison at a great price.
New students (and previous students that have not train with us for over 6 month) have an opportunity to start a journey in martial arts for only $69.99! This offer includes a Free T-shirt, a Free Introductory lesson and Consultation and 3 classes a week for 6 weeks!
If anyone is looking to get into (or back into) martial arts dont miss this offer!
If you have any friends that would like to check out MKG Madison stop by the desk for an Invite-Only Card for a 1 Week Free Pass.
This can only be given by a current student to a friend that is serious about beginning their martial arts journey! If they decide to join us and enroll for classes at MKG Madison you get FREE private lessons!
We look forward to seeing you all in classes this week! So get in here and get your reps in!
As always, we will be Training Safe, Training Hard and Having a ton of Fun! Don’t miss out!
See you at the gym!