Here Comes the Heat!
Keeping yourself hydrated under hot weather conditions is very important to avoid heat-related illness. Proper hydration becomes even more important when performing strenuous, physical activity in high temperatures. The more your body sweats under such conditions, the more fluid you need to replace. If you ever suffer from dehydration in hot weather, you are subjecting yourself to the following health risks:
- Heat stroke
- Heat exhaustion
- Heat cramps
- Heat rash
Here are 10 ways you can stay hydrated in hot weather to avoid heat realted illness: CLICK HERE to learn these important tips!
This week at MKG Madison . . .
• In Foundations Class and Kickboxing Essentials we are finishing up our 6 week rotation. This we will be working our Sinawali training and short range tools – Knees and Elbows! You have been doing great keep it up!
• The MKG Kids are in the third week of Unit 2! We enjoyed having the parent joining us in class last week. Our next parents week will be coming use again so stay tuned! We will be continuing to work on Redondos and adding new footwork to our training! This week is also a Striking focus week. The MKG Kids will be exploring more of Panantukan.
• MKG Littles – This week we will also be continuing to work on basic punches and kicks.
• Our Phase 1 Class will be continuing to work on Single Stick Deflections – Tip to the forehands side and we will also working our Trapping skills from the Jun Fan / JKD Curriculum
• In Phase 2 we have been working on Dagger drills and starting our Grappling unit.
• And for our Focus classes, you will just have to come in to find out!
Our next Quick Hit Challenge is Redondos!
How many Redondos can you do in 1 min?
This is a single stick challenge. Grab a padded stick and go for it on the heavy bags!
Remember you can retry as many times as you want!
Upcoming Events . . .
Foundations of Leverage seminar with John Salter
Madison Martial Arts Connection at Silver Lining Taekwondo in Middleton
Saturday, Jun 24th 1 – 5 pm
I am excited to be a part of this great event! There will be 4 different instructors sharing their perspective on martial art every hour. This is unique opportunity to grow together as a martial art community regardless of style that we practice and really get to see the beauty of martial art movement!
Cost – $40