MKG International Martial Arts Madison is dedicated to the highest levels of training and individual improvement in the martial arts. Through the latest innovations and best research into traditional methods, we will offer our students the best training possible.
Train Safe! Train Hard! Have Fun!
- Personal Improvement: Martial arts can teach students about their own strengths and challenges. We believe all people have unlimited potenial and that it is our job to bring that out. We will show students how to feel more secure through a knowledge of self defense. We will show step-by-step progressions toward your self improvement.
- Cultural Appreciation: As you learn from different cultures you will come to appreciate those cultures and peoples. The most profound lessons are in the way the arts work well together. Martial arts from different cultures not only fit together, they depend on each other to move forward.
- Maintaining Open-Mindedness: Martial arts teaches us to keep our mind open to new methods and ideas. Each art has a unique perspective. Learning to see issues from diffrent perspectives is a part of your development.
- Instilling Personal Responsibility: As you learn methods that are designed to hurt other human beings you will be constantly reminded of your personal responsibility in this world. It is our hope that the skills of this art will only be used in the most desperate of situations. Martial artists actually tend to be more peaceful because of their training and confidence.
- Promote Good Health and Fitness: Training in the martial arts is a great stress release. The workouts will challenge even the most fit individuals and are designed to allow any type of student to “work up to” their physical potential. Total body workouts have always been the standard for martial arts.
- Have Fun: We’ve done away with the over-serious nature of martial arts training. Our environment is easy going and, most of all, fun!